About Voltage Converters / Transformers

Somewhere on your appliance, you should find a label that describes your appliances power requirements. The label should include Voltage (110V ~ 120V or 220V ~ 240 or sometimes 110V ~ 240V), Wattage (example: 100w) or Amperage (example: 10A) and Hertz (50Hz, 60Hz or 50Hz ~ 60Hz). It is best to choose a transformer / converter with a higher rating than the appliance you intend to power to account for startup surges. For any appliances that contain a motor or heating element, it is a best practice to add a minimum of 20% to the power requirements of your appliance. Some appliances with high powered motors or heating elements will have a much higher startup surge sometimes doubling or even tripling the rated wattage. Please consult with the manufacturer of your appliance to ensure you are selecting the right voltage transformer for your needs.
To connect a television to a converter you must choose a converter more powerful that what is indicated at the rear of your TV set, because it creates a surge when it is turned on. We would recommend the VC750W for any TV or Monitor.
No, voltage converters are not compatible with North American 220V appliances. North American 220V is dual or triple phase, this describes how the electricity flows through the outlet. Voltage converters convert to and from 220V/240V single phase which is not compatible. Most countries outside of North America use single phase 220V/240V. For North American 220V we recommend speaking to a certified electrician.
If the label does not specify the wattage, but you know the Amperage (A), you can calculate it using the following formula: Amps (A) * voltage (V) = Watts Example: 3 Amps * 220 volt = 660 watts 3 Amps * 110 volt = 330 watts
Type Amps & Voltage of your Appliance
Volt: Wattage:
Yes as long as you don’t exceed the Wattage capacity of the voltage converter. A “surge protector” is required. You can find several great models here.
A voltage regulator functions as a voltage converter as well as a voltage stabilizer. A voltage stabilizer will stabilize the electricity to fixed current. This unit is usually used in countries where the voltage currency is not stable. The voltage regulator will stabilize a voltage fluctuation between 75v-130v to 110v ( + / – 4%). The voltage regulator will also stabilize a voltage fluctuation between 180v-260v to 220v (+ / – 4%).
VC model transformers come with an American-to-European plug adapter GS20 (American input and output of 2 Round pin grounded).You can find additional types of “plug adapters” on the web-site or view our Voltage Guide to find out which plug a given coutry uses.

Orders will be delivered to you in 2 – 6 business days by FedEx Ground or Canada Post To view the shipping cost of your order:

  1. Choose the products you wish to purchase.
  2. Click on cart or the shopping cart icon.
  3. Fill in the required information.
  4. Click to continue.
  5. You will then see your confirmation page with the shipping cost.
  6. If you accept the shipping cost, you can then fill in the credit card information and submit your order.
Yes, you can connect it directly to the VC series transformers since they come with a UNIVERSAL outlet which can accept any 220 Volt/50Hz (overseas) plug type except for the South African plug.
All voltage converters only convert the voltage and not the cycle, however most appliances and electronics will function properly with them. North American 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60 Hz. (Cycles) Alternating Current. Most foreign 220-240 volt electricity is generated at 50 Hz. (Cycles) Alternating Current. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60 Hz. North American appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50 Hz. foreign electricity. This cycle difference will also cause analog clocks and timing circuits that use Alternating Current as a timing base to keep incorrect time. Most modern electronic equipment will not be affected by the difference in cycles.
The Servo type voltage regulators,stabilizes the voltage by adjusting the transformer to the desired output voltage. This ensures the highest precision in voltage stabilization. The Relay type is all done electronically, and therefore has less precision. Our regulators use the Servo type regulation.
Click here for the Recommended Usage Chart for common electronics, tools and appliances.

About Power Inverters

The difference between 12 and 24 volt inverter is the battery / batteries required for it to function. Most vehicles have 12 Volt battery systems. A 24 Volt system uses half the amperage to create the same amount of usable wattage. 24 Volt systems are more common in large vehicles and solar applications.
The difference is the type of battery you want to run your power inverter on. Most vehicles run off a 12 volt battery. The 24 volt are generally used in large trucks or industrial motors. For more information please visit PowerBright.com

Battery Capacity
Choose your Battery type and enter Amps/Hrs of your battery & wattage of your appliance:

Total Hrs:
Total Min:
Inverter Output Power (Watts)Typical LoadBattery Size
BCI Group Size22NF24278Ddual 8D
Reserve Capacity90 Min140 Min180 Min400 Min900 Min
50Stereo SystemOperating Time9 Hours14 Hours20 Hours40 Hours80 Hours
10019″ Color TVOperating Time4 Hours6 Hours10 Hours20 Hours40 Hours
200Computer SystemOperating Time2 Hours3 Hours4.5 Hours10 Hours20 Hours
300BlenderOperating Time1.3 Hours2.2 Hours3 Hours6 Hours12 Hours
400Power DrillOperating Time1 Hour1.5 Hours2 Hours4.5 Hours10 Hours
600Small Coffee MakerOperating TimeN.R.N.R.1 Hours2.5 Hours6 Hours
800Small MicrowaveOperating TimeN.R.N.R.N.R.1.5 Hours4 Hours
1000ToasterOperating TimeN.R.N.R.N.R.1 Hour3 Hours
1500Full Size MicrowaveOperating TimeN.R.N.R.N.R.0.5 Hour2 Hours
2500Hair Dryer & Washing MachineOperating TimeN.R.N.R.N.R.0.2 Hour0.8 Hours
A power inverter converts DC power into conventional AC power which can run all kinds of household products such as: kitchen appliances, microwaves, power tools, TVs, radios, computers and more. You just connect the inverter to a battery, and plug your AC devices into the inverter and you’ve got power on the go.
The power rating used with microwave ovens is the “cooking power” which refers to the power being “delivered” to the food being cooked. The actual operating power requirement rating is higher than the cooking power rating (for example, a microwave with “advertised” rating of 525 watts usually corresponds to almost 1100 watts of power consumption). The actual power consumption is usually stated on the back of the microwave. If the operating power requirement cannot be found on the back of the microwave, check the owner’s manual or contact the manufacturer.
No, the largest model with a cigarette lighter adapter is the EN548 (500 watt inverter). It is important to note that while this will work fine for loads up to 120 watts, to fully utilize the inverter a direct to battery connection must be made. Most vehicles DC adapter ports are wired with an inline 10 amp fuse, this limits the DC port to 120 watts (10 Amps x 12 Volt battery = 120 watts).
Click here for the Recommended Usage Chart for common electronics, tools and appliances.
Make sure your volt meter is a true RMS reader, if it is not, the voltage rating will most likely be off when testing the voltage output on any type of Power Inverter